Friday, January 30, 2009

The Adventures of Chris & Savannah Sky

I will admit, as a dad Iam a dofuss...

Many people can tell you why I am, but overall I'll admit it to you first...

I watch cartoons with my daughter...I let my daughter paint my nails...ha which I held back today in class! We color mustaches on every character in her Cinderella coloring books...eat chicken nuggets and party at the zoo!

I am a dofuss...and that's why my daughter loves me!

I come from a different background then most people in Utah...My story is unique and quite an extraordinary tale...

It all goes back to a warm spring day, where a catholic-college-boy from New York, decides to go to Florida for Spring Break 2003...


Two planes depart...One from JFK, in NYC and the other from SLC, Utah...


On the SLC flight, there was a young, tall, blonde, college swimmer from BYU...

They meet... sparks fly...yadda yadda yadda...a special little girl was created :)



I moved from New York, to Utah...just to watch her grow...


& here I am today...writing this blog...



Today she is 4 and in her words, mostly influenced by me...she will tell you... "I Love to party!" I know what your thinking, so how does this involve you being a dofuss-of-a-dad and why does your 4 year old daughter "Love to party?" It is mostly because, I teach her the same things my mom taught me when I grew up!

Now I'm not saying, my mom was a dofuss...or that she's a party animal...

Heck No...

I'm actually saying the reason why...is because I like my daughter to enjoy life through the world of seeing it...understanding the humor in everything and most of all enjoying the adventures, that everyday brings...

There are several definitions of partying...or celebrating...some people commemorate others by praising...some get drunk and pass out...while others look back at their lives and think of how great it truly is by honoring it!

I honor my daughter by taking her out and showing her what the world is...we joke...we cry...we both eat cotton candy and drink soda :)

Overall, what I'm trying to get at is...I am a Dofuss of a Father and I love it! I love make my daughter laugh...and along the way teach her to be RESPONSIBLE, but most of all be CAREFREE!

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! Aren't little girls the best?! I think it's great you can admit you're not a super military discipline dad... and I think that's great! I love that you can have fun with her and still do those "girly" things. I think it teaches her that it's ok to have fun and be silly and not let real life get too serious...like our class is sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like such an awesome dad! Your little girl sure loves you, and it's so neat that she has you as such a good influence in her life; she could be getting all those messages about life elsewhere. She'll always remember that you let her paint your nails and were such a great friend to her while she was growing up in this crazy world we're living in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it when dads will paint toes with their little girls and hangout with having a tea party or what not. I don't believe you have to put up the masculine front in front of your little girl. Your little girl wants to SEE her dad. Meaning that she should see you in all types of moods.

    ReplyDelete